Terms and Conditions of Business (DOMESTIC MARKET)
All prices are based on costs prevailing at the time of publication of the price list and are subject to change without notice.
However, once a holiday has been paid for, we will guarantee the price, unless it is subsequently affected by Government action or other influence beyond the of Pollman’s Tours & Safaris Ltd.
A deposit of a minimum of 25% of the tour costs is required on booking and the balance not later than 30 days before the tour begins. Notwithstanding any prior confirmation arrangements, the right is reserved not to execute tours if payment has not been received in accordance with the foregoing.
In the event of a cancellation over 22 days before safari departure date, notice of which must be given in writing, the deposit may be refunded minus the charges or reservations that have been processed, cancellation fees imposed by the hotels/lodges and transporters and any other relevant expenses.
If a cancellation is received within 21 days and 8 days of commencement of the tour, a cancellation fee of 50% of the total package will be charged and a charge of 100% if cancellation is made less than 7 days before departure date.
Rates include all expenses in connection with vehicle and driver for the itinerary as set out; hotel accommodation with full board table d’hôtel meals whilst on safari. Arrangement are on full board basis while on safari, unless otherwise stated.
All government hotel taxes, hotel service charges and game / bird walk as applicable to the itinerary, all entry fees except where these are specifically quoted separately in the price list are included. Not included are any departure taxes, visas, gratuities, (other than service charges) beverages, laundry, and other such personal expenses.
We always book rooms with private baths throughout based on two person’s sharing a double room. Single rooms are available at supplementary cost, but cannot be guaranteed even if paid for. Where this occurs, an appropriate refund will be made direct to the client. Hotels/Lodges/Camps where mentioned, are made as an indication of category and rooms may be reserved at a similar hotel/lodge/camp.
Safari minivans or 4×4 land cruisers will be provided according to the itinerary and number of participants. The right is reserved to employ the services of sub-contractors with English Speaking driver guides.
Alterations to Tours
The right is reserved to change any route or arrangements should conditions necessitate to offer substitutes of equal value or cancel the operation of any scheduled tour. The right is also reserved to decline to accept or retain any person as a member of any tour at any time, in which event an equitable amount will be refunded.
- The Company is insured against legal liabilities arising from any injuries which might be received by passengers whilst in its vehicles.
- The Company and its agents act only as agents of the passenger in all matter relating to hotel accommodation, sightseeing, tours and transport, whether by aircraft, rail, road, motor coach, ship, boat or any other means and shall not be liable for injury, delay, loss or damage arising from any clause and any manner howsoever except when the passenger is being carried in transport owned by the company.
- The company liability to passenger carried in its own vehicles is governed by the laws of the republic of Kenya and no other country and all claims are subject to jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Kenya.
- The Company reserves the right to employ sub-contractors to carry out all or any part of the services agreed to be supplied and in any event of the exercise of such right the terms of clause (c) relating to the Company’s liability shall apply.
- Whilst every care is taken, the company shall not be held responsible for loss or damage to baggage. It is therefore advisable to affect a separate baggage insurance.
- (i) in the event that any claim is made against the Travel Agent or Tour Operator in respect of any loss or damage occasioned by the breach of contract, negligence or other fault of the company, the company shall be liable to indemnify the Travel Agent or Tour Operator (as the case may be) only if such claim would have succeeded and only to the extent that damages would have been awarded against the Travel Agent or Tour Operator (as the case may be) in the courts of the Republic of Kenya under the law of the Republic of Kenya if the Travel Agent or the Tour Operator (as the case may be) has submitted to the jurisdiction of the said court.(ii) In respect of any such claim as mentioned in sub clause (i) of this clause the company shall be under no liability whatsoever or however arising other than the liability expressly assumed in this clause.
(iii) For the purpose of this clause, the Company shall be deemed to include its servants and agents and shall be deemed to contract on its own behalf each such servant and agent